Web Development – Intern
About Corkboard Concepts
Corkboard Concepts is an advertising agency based in the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA. We are a full-service agency with a foundation in digital advertising. Our agency is on pace to develop more than 50 websites in the year 2020.
Corkboard Concepts is looking for a WordPress website developer with experience in development using primarily DIVI. If this intern were to have experience in working with pre-vetted plug-ins that would be a bonus.
This internship will be to gain experience, not so much learn WordPress website development. We are looking for about 20 hours of work per week through the rest of this calendar year.
Work will be on a project basis throughout the duration of the internship, with the opportunity to continue work past 2020 if it is a good fit for the intern and Corkboard Concepts.
This internship will be a mix of working in our office in Pittsburgh, PA, and remotely if necessary.
Pay: $1,000.00 per month
We are allowing interns to work remotely when they’d like after an initial onboarding period.
This Position Will Require The Following:
- Create websites from mockups, including layout, functionality and content.
- Set up hosting on our CPanel or WPEngine.
- Ensure proper setup of SSL certificate.
- Vet plug-ins, use minimally
- Enhance the speed of the websites for faster load.
- Regularly update websites for WordPress/Theme/Plugin Updates and content updates.
- Document Setup and Update Specifications.
The above indicates regular work, however, we encourage all members of our team to bring new ideas to the table to better develop processes and services. Other work may be available, specifically for those with an eye on user experience and design.
- Minimally: Working towards a degree related to design or web development
- 1-3 years work experience in a related field
- Strong independent working, project management and organizational skills
- Proficient with WordPress
- Familiarity with Divi or comparable themes.