News Editor (Multiplatform)/Media Relations Specialist
- Previous experiences in non-profit, corporate and faith-based organizations.
- Responsible for the planning, writing, editing and designing publications.
- Manage daily editorial flow including assigning multi-media journalists, photojournalists to cover daily news stories and events.
- Write and post daily stories to the digital news site, edit for monthly newspaper and magazine.
- Review and approve copy for all platforms.
- Serves as a consultant resource for the development of promotional material and communications.
- Writes news releases, articles, bulletins, radio and televisions scripts, letters, speeches, proclamations, messages, memoranda, policies, testimonies, and other correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in positions of progressive responsibility required.
- 2-3 years of management experience in content media departments preferred.
- Experience turning news platforms around to improve results preferred.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent video and technology skills.
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proven and effective leadership skills; fosters open dialogue, empowers others, addresses conflict quickly and directly.
- Journalism: Skilled storyteller, journalistic ethics and libel.