Business Development – Intern
About Corkboard Concepts
We are a Strategic Marketing Agency that is Data-Centric – we appreciate and value the marketing mix including traditional media but understand the convergent point in digital and value data first.
We operate in an industry that’s constantly changing and at rates never seen before. Timeliness is a factor in what we do but at the end of the day our primary motivation is not solely first-to-market, but instead best-in-class.
Our goal is to understand each of our partners’ unique business offerings and support them in growing in a way that is cognizant of their internal stakeholders, end-customer and resources. We help in defining strategy, the marketing decision-making process and enabling internal data points to achieve goals.
The team at Corkboard Concepts brings a level of knowledge and clarity to every campaign or partner interaction to provide comfort and understanding in order to enable bilateral communication and to achieve business success. Simply put, we’re better working when we’re working together, and we need the support of our clients as much as they need ours.
The Business Development Intern will be responsible for identifying prospects, reaching out and setting up appointments. This is a hands-on internship where the intern will be expected to actively reach out to prospective clients and participate in client conversations.
- Daily prospecting through phone, email, social media and in-person
- Creating marketing audits, sales presentations and proposals
- Analyzing emails and social media interactions to better understand business development.
- Coordinating with the sales teams schedule
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Associates degree and graduates are eligible)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must be a highly task-oriented and organized person
- Candidate must work well in a team setting, as well as independent working
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to changes
- Must be proficient on the computer with basic programs (Google Docs, GMail, Google Calendars, Google Docs, Excel, etc.)
More advanced skill sets of the above are always preferred but a willingness to learn and continuously develop trumps all of the above.